World of Darkness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome to WOD: The Online Awesome Edition!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Welcome to WOD: The Online Awesome Edition! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to WOD: The Online Awesome Edition!   Welcome to WOD: The Online Awesome Edition! I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 4:31 pm

Hey guys! I hope you like the forum. Very Happy If you think of anything you want to change (Like Ugh, this font color is giving me a headache!) let me know, it's super easy to reconfigure.

Right, here's how it works:

At the top:

• The menu bar is flashing a 'register' sign, click that first and register with your character name as your username. Confirm your account and you can start playing!
  • FAQ and Calendar we probably will never use.
  • Your profile can be where you write up stuff about your character, but since we all know each other pretty well you don't have to.
  • PM: Private Messaging! Here's where you can talk to other characters in game without everyone listening in, if that's what you want. It's also where you can get private messages from Albert. I think right now the default setting is you get an email alert when you get a private message, but you can change that if you want.
  • On/Off: Logging on/off.

The forums
  • Storyteller notes: This is where we can talk with Albert about when we want to meet for online battle times, or where he can post memos to us about where he wants the story to go...anything that we ALL need to hear, but not secret Storyteller-Character conversations, those will be under private messaging. This is pretty much Albert's domain (or any guest storyteller Wink), whatever he wants to talk about.
  • Game Play: Here's where it will all happen! This will be mostly for small scenes that's almost entirely roleplaying. As at the table, it doesn't really matter if we go in any particular order, whoever's here will be able to post and interact and whatever. Albert will be in charge of starting the topics here too, as different scenes. But if you want to have an aside conversation with a character that everyone can see, you can start a topic that says something like "Aside: Hey Riley...", or if you want your character to sneak off alone (just clear it with Albert through a PM first).
  • Battle Logs: Playing a battle on a forum can be really really slow trying to wait for everyone to take their turn. It might be okay for smaller altercations, but if we want to have a big battle we'll probably do it on AIM or Skype. If we do it on AIM, I'll post the log of our conversation here, just for giggles.
  • Resources: If you could post a PDF of your character sheet here, it might be easier for Al? I'm not sure if we'll need this section or not, just as a test.
  • Awesome stuff: because we're all going to want to know what's going on in eachother's lives! This forum is for anything ooc, like asking April all about her awesome new college, or probing Lisa on her fantastic adventures in India. You could also put fanart here!
  • Questions: Here you can ask Albert or anybody else about rules, logistics, mythology, game play...anything you want.

I'm going to make you all moderators when you get here: we'll be the only ones who can post in the story parts of the forum. Only members can post in the other sections, but I thought we could ask Ben Silverman and Kenrick and people if they want to be members so they can post in the other sections, and tell us how awesome and cool we are. Very Happy Anyone who's not a member can read the stuff but not post, and we get to decide who becomes a member, so hopefully we won't have random people spamming the forums.

Posting
For those of you unfamiliar with forum life: above are things to fiddle with the text, add pictures, links, imbed videos, add quotes, whatever. To the left are emoticons! I can actually add NEW emoticons, if you have anything you want to add. ^^

Here's a cool bit: You can ROLL DICE on the forum. Oh yes, super awesome. I don't know how Albert wants us to do dice rolling, maybe he just wants us on the honors system with dice at home. BUT, if you want, if you're logging in from somewhere else and you're diceless, then look right under the 'send' button. Pick the d10, and put how many dice you'll roll. Then when you post, beneath your message there will be your results! It doesn't seem very success friendly, though, and I know Al doesn't really like computer generated dice, so it's just an option for the moment.

Stick any questions here, and we can beta test everything before we actually start playing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://worldofdarkness.forumjonction.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to WOD: The Online Awesome Edition!   Welcome to WOD: The Online Awesome Edition! I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 5:55 pm

I'm still trying to make the dice rolling thing a little easier, but check it out: I want to roll Wits+Composure so I go to Roll, pick d10, and I do 4 dice.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to WOD: The Online Awesome Edition!   Welcome to WOD: The Online Awesome Edition! I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 5:55 pm

The member 'Admin' has done the following action : Roll Results

'd10' : 6, 9, 3, 5
Back to top Go down
Myra

Myra

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to WOD: The Online Awesome Edition!   Welcome to WOD: The Online Awesome Edition! I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 6:00 pm

Cool, huh? And Albert and Alex, you can both have two profiles if you want, Alex for Dorothy and Simon, and Albert for Justain and as a Storyteller.
Back to top Go down
Al

Al

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to WOD: The Online Awesome Edition!   Welcome to WOD: The Online Awesome Edition! I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 10:58 pm

Nifty, a dice roller cyclops
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to WOD: The Online Awesome Edition!   Welcome to WOD: The Online Awesome Edition! I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 10:58 pm

The member 'Al' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'd10' : 2, 3, 1, 9, 2, 4, 1, 9, 3, 10
Back to top Go down
Al

Al

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to WOD: The Online Awesome Edition!   Welcome to WOD: The Online Awesome Edition! I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 11:13 pm

So for the character sheet section, can you only do it by posting a URL? I have a JPG of a digitally cleaned up version i did of my sheet but I can't see how to post it
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to WOD: The Online Awesome Edition!   Welcome to WOD: The Online Awesome Edition! I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 11:38 pm

Yeah I'm still not sure how that works! If you want to check it out, April, I sent the admin password to you as a PM, so you can fiddle around with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to WOD: The Online Awesome Edition!   Welcome to WOD: The Online Awesome Edition! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to WOD: The Online Awesome Edition!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World of Darkness :: Game Play :: Storyteller Notes-
Jump to: